Skill & Knowledge Groups (Online)
Cert IV in Veterinary Nursing RPL FastTrack
Each Skill & Knowledge Group contains at least one short, multiple-choice exam.
Some Groups will also require you to:
- Complete Practical Skills Logs
- Undertake short written assessments (e.g. case studies) on patients you’ve nursed
- Write short reports on advice you’ve given to owners (e.g. on nutrition or preventative medications).
- Once you complete these successfully, you’ll be given access to Third Party Evidence Reports signed by the vets and nurses you work with.
Each Group will also provide instructions for other kinds of evidence you’ll need to supply, such as copies of documentation you’ve prepared at work (e.g. hospitalisation charts, anaesthetic records, letters to owners etc.).
Our Nurse Educators will assess all your submissions. They will then mark you as:
- RPL Granted (Competent)
- Further information or evidence required
- RPL Not Granted (Not Competent).
If you receive a RPL Not Granted, our Nurse Educators will talk you through what you need to do to gain competency. This often means you will need to study and pass the subject related to the area you require competency in.