ACM40412 Cert IV in Veterinary Nursing RPL
Are you an experienced vet nurse without a formal qualification? Do you want to update your qualifications with the latest knowledge?
FastTrack your Cert IV in Veterinary Nursing and boost your career.
If you’ve been working at the same level as a qualified vet nurse in a practice for several years, our FastTrack program is designed to recognise your prior learning and skills to give you the formal qualifications you deserve.
This method of certification will suit you if:
- You want to upgrade your existing qualifications in veterinary nursing to the most current version
- You have relevant veterinary nursing knowledge, including anatomy & physiology, terminology, anaesthesia, pharmacology, surgical and medical nursing knowledge
- You have good veterinary nursing skills across all areas of the profession
- You’ve been working at least three years at the same level as a qualified nurse (i.e. You have 4 or 5 years worth of experience in total)
- You qualified overseas and your qualifications can be partially or completely mapped to our Cert IV
- You have other relevant work experience
Recognition of prior learning could mean you’re eligible for a full or part Certificate IV in Veterinary Nursing qualification. It’s a great way to avoid duplication of training or to identify gaps in your skills and knowledge.
I already have a Cert IV in Vet Nursing but I’d like to update my qualifications.
If you hold an older version of the Cert IV in Veterinary Nursing and wish to upgrade to the latest qualification, this is the course for you.
If you studied your Cert IV with another registered training organisation, you can apply to have us recognise your existing competency.
However, we can only transfer credit if we can establish the equivalence of your previous course has been via a formal process like a mapping guide, transition arrangements or precedence.
Can I RPL some parts of the course and study others?
Yes! You can take the FastTrack for some areas of our Cert IV in Veterinary Nursing and study other subjects in full. Please call us to discuss the best study option for you.
When does the FastTrack program run?
Certificate IV in Veterinary Nursing FastTrack students can enrol and start at any time.
Once you commence your enrolment, you’ll have 6 months to complete the program. Please note: Extensions past 6 months will only be granted under special circumstances and an additional fee will apply.
- Have successfully completed Year 10, or equivalent. Completion of Year 12 is highly recommended
- Provide evidence of your work in a veterinary practices as a veterinary nurse at Cert IV level (i.e. not as a kennel hand or ward assistant, trainee vet nurse etc.) for a minimum of 3 years full time, or the part time equivalent. Evidence must be provided.